Last modified May 23, 2018
This is our acceptable use policy, permissions policy, and comments policy. If you use our website, it means that the policy applies to you and that you agree with it as part of our Website Terms.
We may change these terms, so we expect you to check this page from time to time as the changes will be binding on you. There may also be changes elsewhere on our site.
• print posts/content of our site for non-commercial use (up to 25 copies only) as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© kathleensaelens.com All rights reserved. Originally published at www.kathleensaelens.com.” For our full copyright policy, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
• re-post a summary of an article (or an excerpt of up to 100 words) with a link back to the original post
• link to our site or any of our public posts
We do not allow any of the following without our written permission:
• re-posting our content in its entirety
• altering or selling any content on this site
• translation of our writings in to another language (because we would want to verify the accuracy of each translation)
To request permission for any of the uses on the above “We do not allow” list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By posting on this blog, you agree to the policies below.
We welcome comments on our blog posts. Please keep your comments clean and related to the content. We reserve the right to remove any comment. Our site, and the web in general, is all about dialogue and the sharing of information. Therefore, feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on the post as long as your comment’s content is not offensive, defamatory, abusive, or otherwise mean and inappropriate.
You may comment anonymously or under a name/username. The email address you use to submit a comment will not be displayed on out site and will not be sold or used to contact you unless you request to be contacted.
Ownership of Comment
You retain ownership of comments you leave on our site; you simply grant us a license to post your comments. This license is irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, transmit, display, use, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, in a presentation, in a class, or in a video.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from any comment you leave on this site. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights for the comments you post on this site and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
What you must not do
You must not use the site to do any of the following:
• break any laws or regulations
• do anything fraudulent, or which has a fraudulent effect
• harm or attempt to harm minors
• do anything with material that does not meet our content standards (these are listed below)
• do anything with unsolicited advertising material (known as spam)
• transmit any data or material that is harmful to other programs, software, or hardware (for example, viruses, Trojan horses, worms etc)
• copy in any way or re-sell any part of our site (unless we allow it under our website terms)
• interfere with or damage any part of our site, equipment, network, software or storage arrangements
Suspension and Termination
If we think you have breached this policy, we will take whatever steps we think are necessary. These might include:
• stopping your use of the site temporarily or permanently
• removing material you have put on the site
• sending you a warning
• taking legal action
• telling the right authorities
We exclude legal responsibility and cost for actions we take to deal with your breach of our policy.